Something new from Steve Spacek and taken from his forthcoming release titled „Natural Sci-Fi” (whether that’s an album or an EP remains unclear!) I suggest you follow his label S P A on Bandcamp to hear it first hand when it’s coming out.
And while we’re at it, let me remind you of Kutmah’s special Spacek mixtape from earlier this year, in which he plays music from throughout Steve’s discography.
01. Theo Parrish feat. Steve Spacek – Chemistry
02. Beat Spacek – I Wanna Know (Seven Davis Jr Remix)
03. Mark Pritchard & Steve Spacek – Turn It On
04. Black Pocket – Boungie
05. Sun Ra – When There Is No Sun
06. Africa Hitech – Light The Way
07. Africa Hitech – Too Late
08. Spacek – How
09. Space Invadas – Way We Feel
10. Steve Spacek – Take Her Away
11. Troubleman feat. Steve Spacek
12. Steve Spacek – Smoke
13. Black Pocket – Al Softly
14. Steve Spacek – After Beris Step
15. Beat Spacek – Search N Development
16. Kingsbread feat. Steve Spacek
17. GB – Simply So (with Steve Spacek)
18. Spacek – Eve Demo
19. Spacek – Eve
20. Spacek – Eve (Jay Dee Remix)
21. Spacek – Getaway
22. Spacek – Act For You
23. Harmonic 313 feat. Steve Spacek – Falling Away
24. Steve Spacek – Thursday
25. Spacek feat. Mpho Skeef – La Bougie
26. Steve Spacek – Dollar (Let The Dollar Circulate)
27. Steve Spacek – Dollar Live (Breakdown)
28. Raphael Saadiq & Steve Spacek – Pookie Blue Room
Needless to say that the whole reason for this musical celebration is the release of the Beat Spacek album Modern Streets, available now from Ninja Tune. Also read Laurent Fintoni’s article on Steve Spacek in Fact Magazine.
Mentioned this one yesterday and it’s been making rounds on Twitter since then. So I guess this deserves a post of it’s own. Hit the play button and I’ll tell you a bit about it.
KCRW’s Mathieu Shreyer uploaded this for J Dilla‘s birthday yesterday. It’s one of two unreleased Steve Spacek tracks made in 2007 which -unlike Dollar– never made it on a release. Looks like this is about to change soon, though no further details have been disclosed yet. Keep your eyes open!
February 9, 2012 In the meantime, the track has been taken offline. You can listen to it on our Hypem channel!
Following their XLR8 Podcast some weeks back, Africa Hitech return with another mixtape. Well, this was actually recorded at Toronto’s Drake Hotel some weeks ago and Mark Pritchard decided to share this with the world. The second part shares a couple of tracks with the mentioned podcast, but it’s not the same mix.
01. City Boys Band – Nya Asem Hwe
02. Scratcha DVA – Where I belong
03. D Double E – Bluku Bluku
04. DOK – 8 Barnaza
05. Wiley – Highs and low
06. Trim – Notice now (Pedro 123 remix)
07. Coki – Haunted
08. Riko – Ice Rink Riddim
09. Stush – Dollar sign
10. Silkie – It’s late
11. Joe – Claptrap
12. Gothtrad – New Epoch
13. Jon Wayne – Crumbled Luna
14. Bok Bok – Silo Pass
15. Joker – Trance Girl
16. Coki – Revolution (Not Smiling songs)
17. Mark Pritchard – Elephant Dub
18. House of Deb Players – Shaka the Warrior
19. Champion – Lighter VIP
20. Traxman – Lifeee is forever
21. Cadenza – The Darkest Hype (Phillip D. Kick Remix)
22. Africa Hitech – Out in the streets
23. Africa Hitech – Out in the streets VIP
24. Krampfhaft – Perfect Gain Structure
25. DJ Rashad – Welcome to the Chi
26. DJ Rashad & Gant-man – Heaven sent
26. Jlin – Erotic heat
27. Hudson Mohawke – Cbat
28. LTJ Bukem – Horizons (Phillip D. Kick Remix)
29. Ballistic Brothers – I’ll Fly Away
30. Jay Dee – Y’all aint ready (Mark Pritchard Remix)
31. Harmonic 313 – Dirtbox
32. Slum Village – Raise it up
33. Harmonic 313 – Lion
34. Mark Pritchard/Steve Spacek – Turn it on
35. Cousin Cockroach – This ain’t Tom and Jerry
36. Capleton – In her heart
37. Hudson Mohawke – Scud books
38. Dorian Concept – Toothbrush Portamento
39. Remarc – Sound Murderah
40. YT – England story
41. Krust – True stories
42. Africa Hitech – Light the way
43. Moondog – Viking 1
Download parts one and two and enjoy nearly 2 hours of fine music.
XLR8R Podcast by Africa Hitech (download)
01. Traxman – Footworkin’ on Air
02. DJ Tre – Ping Pong Trak
03. Jlin – Erotic Heat
04. Hudson Mohawke – Cbat
05. Cadenza – The Darkest Hype (Philip D. Kick Remix)
06. Africa Hitech – Out in the Streets
07. Africa Hitech – Out in the Streets (VIP)
08. Krampfhaft – Perfect Gain Structure
09. DJ Rashad – Welcome to the Chi
10. DJ Earl – Dragged
11. DJ Rashad & DJ Rome – Dat Shit Huff
12. Dillinja and Berti B – Lion Heart
13. LTJ Bukem – Horizons (Phillip D. Kick Remix)
14. Ballistic Brothers – I’ll Fly Away
15. Formula 7 – Soundboy
16. Marvellous Cain – Roll Dat Shit
17. Ninjaman, Bounty Killer, Beenie Man, and Ninja Ford – Bad Boy Lick A New Shot
18. Traxman – Lifeeeee Is For Ever
19. Moondog – Viking 1
As always, XLR8R lets you choose between MP3 and high quality MPEG4 audio.
There are quite some mixtapes making the round lately and it’s all quality stuff from what I heard so far. So if you’re not following my Twitter stream, here’s a roundup of recommended mixes to get you into the weekend.
With her new EP out on Brainfeeder, Tokimonsta is currently on touring across Europe and the UK. And for those that can’t make it, she has put together the Analogue Monsta, the first of a two part mix series.
Rinse FM had two absolute killers this week, first a two hours set from Africa Hitech, who also announced their new single this week. And secondly it’s SBTRKT‘s new show, which is even better than the previous. Lot’s of exclusives, new remixes and tracks from his forthcoming debut album.
We got a bit concerned about Dabrye lately, haven’t we? Pulse Radio managed to pin down the man for an interview and even got the man doing his first official mixtape. You wouldn’t want to miss that!
As if you haven’t marked May 10th in your calendar yet, Warp Records is reminding us of the release of Africa Hitech‘s debut album 93 Million Miles with a free track. That should make it relatively bearable to get through the next two days – before you can pick up a copy in the shop of your choice.
To download the track Glangslap, head over to the all new Africa Hitech website and register with your email. Or simply stream the entire album from SoundCloud.
01. 93 Million Miles
02. Do U Wanna Fight
03. Out In The Streets
04. Future Moves
06. Our Luv
08. Light The Way
09. Foot Step
10. Cyclic Sun
11. Don’t Fight It
The artwork comes once again from Andy Gilmore, who was already responsible for the design of the previous EPs.
We’ll update this post once further details make it through, until then feel free to come back to listen to this track.
01. Alhaji K. Frimpong – Kyenkyen Adi Mawa
02. Fela Kuti – No Agreement
03. The Funkees – Akula Owu Onyeara
04. City Boys Band – Nya asem hwe
05. Harmonic 313 – Lion
06. Harmonic 313 – Bazooka riddim
07. Hudson Mohawke – Cypress Phil
08. Harmonic 313/Wiley – Scar
09. Danny Breaks – Jellyfizzle
10. Harmonic 313 – Dirtbox
11. Machine Drum – Carry the weight (Bok Bok remix)
12. Wiley/MJ Cole – From the drop
13. Dubbel Dutch – Anaconda (Tribal Guarachero Mix)
14. Zed Bias – Subsonicfreedom skyank
15. Africa Hitech – Blen remix
16. Africa Hitech – Boingy
17. Africa Hitech – Caveman Style
18. Coki – Treetrunk
19. Mala – Eyes VIP
20. Silkie – 80s Baby
21. Dok feat. Terror Danjah – West Coast
22. Sbtrkt – Readysetloop
23. House of Deb – Shaka the Warrior
24. The Revolutionaries – Kunte Kinte
25. Mad Professor – 6 Million Dub
26. Mala – Education
27. Africa Hitech – 93 Million Miles
28. Africa Hitech – Out in the streets
29. DJ Roc – One Blood
30. DJ Rashad – Who’s the Coldest
31. Dillinja and Berti B – Lion Heart
32. Splash – Babylon
33. Ray Keith – Dark Soldier (Back in the day mix)
34. DJ Zinc – Super sharp shooter
35. DJ Krust – True stories
36. Spacek – Eve (Dilla remix)
37. Vicky D – This beat is mine
38. Fingers Inc. – Distant Planet
39. Africa Hitech – How does it make u feel
40. Steve Spacek – Alone in the sun
41. Steve Spacek – Dollar
42. J Dilla – MJ Tribute
Benji B was so nice to share this recording with you, so why don’t you go and grab the download?
The second EP by Africa Hitech, the collaboration between Mark Pritchard and Steve Spacek, is set for a release in late June. Warp has just posted first previews on their website.
“Keeping the pressure on after the digital dancehall minimalism of Blen – which drew frenzied comparisons to everyone from Wiley to Basic Channel and Vybz Kartel – this new 6-track bomb will rattle more than a few rooftop aerials.”
Here’s a look at the tracklist:01. How Does It Make U Feel
02. Said Speed
03. Lash Out
05. One Two
06. One Two (Instrumental)
Like the cover of Blen, the beautiful artwork was created by Andy Gilmore. Hitecherous will be out on 2×12-inch and digital release, both can be pre-ordered from Bleep.
It’s Christmas Eve tomorrow, so a lot of you people will take a plane, a train or the car to be with your family or friends. While us people in the southern hemisphere are sweating in the departure lounge, low temperatures and snow-storms are making it uncertain if you will make it in time. In other words, travelling is usually not the nicest thing and music on the radio is usually crap (especially during Christmas).
To improve the comfort of your journeys, I have compiled a list of mixtapes you should copy on your iPod before you leave. After all, these should make you forget about time.
First, here’s a month old mixtape from Mono/poly, which just caught my attention (thanks ▲irhorn!). It was made for the Ficus podcast series and can be downloaded via their SoundCloud page.
London’s Warm crew once again have some great mixtapes for you, the latest coming from Mark E. Check their sites for more new mixtapes from Move D and Faze Action!
The 499th episode of Beats In Space feature two great producers in one show: Detroit legend Juan Atkins and the UK’s Ashley Beedle. You can download both mixes from the BIS Website.
Next up is a mix from Jneiro Jarel, that already got some attention on the net. On Can I Dub Your Tape? No! he surprises with a selection of dubstep and other bass-heavy music, a tracklist is available here.
Romania is known to have cold winters, hence TRG stayed in to put together a mixtape for all of us. His Arctic City Mix is available from his website.
I also want to mention that all mixes from LuckyMe are now available as proper podcast (iTunes link).
Enjoy the music and have a save trip. Merry Christmas!
Dec 24, 2009 I’m no different than the others, so here’s some shameless self-promotion: Check the new podcast from Fulgeance!
My favourite track this week actually dates back to 2007, but it was posted by the Red Bull Music Academy only a couple of days ago. It comes from Mark Pritchard‘s latest project Africa Hi Tec, for which he teamed up with singer Steve Spacek. If I remember correctly, an album is supposed to follow early next year, the track Too Late definitely makes appetite for more.
Paul White‘s debut album is now available for your listening pleasure, a digital download should follow soon is available now. The official date for the album (all formats) is June 8th.
One of my favourite labels, Holland’s Kindred Spirits, have updated their website. You can finally listen to all their releases online and order them directly from the label. However, it seems that their radioshow is no longer available.
Before I forget about it, here is another nice mixtape from Mark E. Havn’t really listened to it yet, but I know there are a lot of fans out there!