We have mentioned several mixtape with an early jungle vibe in our last Weekend Mixtapes, now extraordinary producer Mark Pritchard makes his own addition by looking back at his influences from the early nineties.
01. Public Enemy – Countdown To Armageddon
02. Hijack – Hold No Hostage
03. Silver Bullet – 20 Seconds To Comply
04. Hardnoise – Untitled
05. Think Tank – Hack One
06. Success N Effect – Bass Kickin’ Beats – (Lukeedit)
07. Frankie Bones – Janets Revenge
08. DJ Mink – Can U Relate
09. Renegade Soundwave – Phantom
10. Unique 3 – The Theme
11. Yage – Coda Coma
12. Underkut – Both Ends
13. 4 Hero – Mr Kirks Nightmare
14. 2 Kilo’s – Mohamed’s Mind
15. Genaside 2 – Death of The Kamikazee
16. Pal Joey – Dance Beats
17. Ital Rockers – Ital’s Anthem (Trebledown-Bassup Mix)
18. Shut Up And Dance – 18″ Speaker
19. Meat Beat Manifesto – Radio Babylon
20. Reel 2 Reel – We Are Ie
21. Nightmares on Wax – Aftermath
22. JC001 & Dj D Zire – Favourite Breaks
23. SL2 – Dj Take Control
24. Ragga Twins – Spliff Head
25. Break the Limits – Paranoise
26. Shut up and Dance – The Green Man
27. The Last Emperor Soundtrack – Rain – Mark Pritchard Reedit (Excerpt)
28- Satin Storm – Satin Storm 1999
29- The House Crew – Keep the Fire Burning
30- Nicolette – The Dove Song
31. Masters At Work – Justa Lil Dope
Once your download is finished, FACT’s recent interview with Mr. Pritchard and this rundown on some of his best productions should be your next stops.
October 29, 2013 Part two is now also available, adding another 25 tracks from 1991-92!
Following the Ghost from late June, “Lock Off” is the second in a trilogy of ragga-styled EPs by Mark Pritchard. The track “1234” features acclaimed jungle MCs Ragga Twins and gives a first impression of what to expect when the EP drops in early September. Can’t wait that long? Buy the track upfront from Bleep or iTunes!
Ouch, how long have we been waiting for Scar to finally come out? I actually did a quick search on Google and among the first hits was Benji B’s Best of 2009 show. Two thousand and nine!
As Mark Pritchard has uploaded this snippet on SoundCloud, the new Wiley album practically around the corner. Big Dada will release Evolve Or Be Extinct on January 19th -yes, that’s next Thursday- on triple vinyl, CD and digital download. According to Mark, there will be a Harmonic 313 remix of Money Man soon after.
I don’t like posting snippets, but you got to big up Mark Pritchard for the creative snippet. It serves its purpuse, but at the same time you can enjoy listening to it multiple times!
June 20, 2012 According to Berlin-based HHV both tracks will be out on vinyl in the last week of June!
Following their XLR8 Podcast some weeks back, Africa Hitech return with another mixtape. Well, this was actually recorded at Toronto’s Drake Hotel some weeks ago and Mark Pritchard decided to share this with the world. The second part shares a couple of tracks with the mentioned podcast, but it’s not the same mix.
01. City Boys Band – Nya Asem Hwe
02. Scratcha DVA – Where I belong
03. D Double E – Bluku Bluku
04. DOK – 8 Barnaza
05. Wiley – Highs and low
06. Trim – Notice now (Pedro 123 remix)
07. Coki – Haunted
08. Riko – Ice Rink Riddim
09. Stush – Dollar sign
10. Silkie – It’s late
11. Joe – Claptrap
12. Gothtrad – New Epoch
13. Jon Wayne – Crumbled Luna
14. Bok Bok – Silo Pass
15. Joker – Trance Girl
16. Coki – Revolution (Not Smiling songs)
17. Mark Pritchard – Elephant Dub
18. House of Deb Players – Shaka the Warrior
19. Champion – Lighter VIP
20. Traxman – Lifeee is forever
21. Cadenza – The Darkest Hype (Phillip D. Kick Remix)
22. Africa Hitech – Out in the streets
23. Africa Hitech – Out in the streets VIP
24. Krampfhaft – Perfect Gain Structure
25. DJ Rashad – Welcome to the Chi
26. DJ Rashad & Gant-man – Heaven sent
26. Jlin – Erotic heat
27. Hudson Mohawke – Cbat
28. LTJ Bukem – Horizons (Phillip D. Kick Remix)
29. Ballistic Brothers – I’ll Fly Away
30. Jay Dee – Y’all aint ready (Mark Pritchard Remix)
31. Harmonic 313 – Dirtbox
32. Slum Village – Raise it up
33. Harmonic 313 – Lion
34. Mark Pritchard/Steve Spacek – Turn it on
35. Cousin Cockroach – This ain’t Tom and Jerry
36. Capleton – In her heart
37. Hudson Mohawke – Scud books
38. Dorian Concept – Toothbrush Portamento
39. Remarc – Sound Murderah
40. YT – England story
41. Krust – True stories
42. Africa Hitech – Light the way
43. Moondog – Viking 1
Download parts one and two and enjoy nearly 2 hours of fine music.
For a moment it felt like the Africa Hitech album 93 Million Miles was released ages ago, but it was only in May when Warp gave us this fantastic record. How good of XLR8R refresh my memory with their all new podcast by none other than the duo of Mark Pritchard and Steve Spacek.
XLR8R Podcast by Africa Hitech (download)
01. Traxman – Footworkin’ on Air
02. DJ Tre – Ping Pong Trak
03. Jlin – Erotic Heat
04. Hudson Mohawke – Cbat
05. Cadenza – The Darkest Hype (Philip D. Kick Remix)
06. Africa Hitech – Out in the Streets
07. Africa Hitech – Out in the Streets (VIP)
08. Krampfhaft – Perfect Gain Structure
09. DJ Rashad – Welcome to the Chi
10. DJ Earl – Dragged
11. DJ Rashad & DJ Rome – Dat Shit Huff
12. Dillinja and Berti B – Lion Heart
13. LTJ Bukem – Horizons (Phillip D. Kick Remix)
14. Ballistic Brothers – I’ll Fly Away
15. Formula 7 – Soundboy
16. Marvellous Cain – Roll Dat Shit
17. Ninjaman, Bounty Killer, Beenie Man, and Ninja Ford – Bad Boy Lick A New Shot
18. Traxman – Lifeeeee Is For Ever
19. Moondog – Viking 1
As always, XLR8R lets you choose between MP3 and high quality MPEG4 audio.
As mentioned yesterday, Mark Pritchard has contributed two remixes to the new Radiohead 12-inch, one of them under his Harmonic 313 moniker. You can stream both versions of Bloom after the jump.
Sounds good? Yes! Luckily, these are available as of today on 12-inch and digital release, also including a remix from Nathan Fake. Get your copy from Bleep or wherever you usually find good music.
October 1, 2011 All the tracks from the forthcoming remix album are now available for stream!
Let’s see, you got new mixtapes from Flying Lotus and Dego this week. Looks like you’re well supplied for the weekend already, otherwise here are some more.
The Valentine Mix from Breakbot still does it for me, but then I found this new one on Crazy Birds and it’s just as good. Summer disco vibes.
This Saturday, New York’s MoMa is hosting a Warm Up party featuring an allstar line-up of Four Tet, SBTRKT, Matthewdavid and Falty DL. The latter also has warm up for the Warp Up, a mixtape hosted by The Fader.
Lando Kal did a mix for Rush Hour sublabel Direct Current, playing nothing but records released on the label.
Beat Dimension’s Jay Scarlett‘s plays some new music on the latest La Menuiserie podcast, and Daisuke Tanabe has put togehter a promo mix for CDR.
Of course you can go visit Boiler Room‘s website anytime you’re in need for a mix. Recent guest selectors include Scuba, Mount Kimbie (live), Mark Pritchard, Photek, Guido or Space Dimension Controller.
There are quite some mixtapes making the round lately and it’s all quality stuff from what I heard so far. So if you’re not following my Twitter stream, here’s a roundup of recommended mixes to get you into the weekend.
With her new EP out on Brainfeeder, Tokimonsta is currently on touring across Europe and the UK. And for those that can’t make it, she has put together the Analogue Monsta, the first of a two part mix series.
Rinse FM had two absolute killers this week, first a two hours set from Africa Hitech, who also announced their new single this week. And secondly it’s SBTRKT‘s new show, which is even better than the previous. Lot’s of exclusives, new remixes and tracks from his forthcoming debut album.
We got a bit concerned about Dabrye lately, haven’t we? Pulse Radio managed to pin down the man for an interview and even got the man doing his first official mixtape. You wouldn’t want to miss that!
More beats are coming by the man of Jay Scarlett, who is guest on Pixelatique‘s latest podcast. And Pete Concrete has made an exclusive mix for this year’s Oddstream Festival.
Towards the end, let’s go uptempo again with BNJMN‘s mini mix for SHOOK, the new Solid Steel with a guestmix from Jackmaster and lastly a mixtape by Brendon Moeller.
Have a nice weekend everybody!
As if you haven’t marked May 10th in your calendar yet, Warp Records is reminding us of the release of Africa Hitech‘s debut album 93 Million Miles with a free track. That should make it relatively bearable to get through the next two days – before you can pick up a copy in the shop of your choice.
To download the track Glangslap, head over to the all new Africa Hitech website and register with your email. Or simply stream the entire album from SoundCloud.
Only one track to preview here, but it’s all about the details that follow. Africa Hitech, the duo of Mark Pritchard and Steve Spacek, finished their debut album called “93 Million Miles” and have it scheduled for a release on May 9th on Warp Records.
01. 93 Million Miles
02. Do U Wanna Fight
03. Out In The Streets
04. Future Moves
06. Our Luv
08. Light The Way
09. Foot Step
10. Cyclic Sun
11. Don’t Fight It
The artwork comes once again from Andy Gilmore, who was already responsible for the design of the previous EPs.
We’ll update this post once further details make it through, until then feel free to come back to listen to this track.
Update You can actually buy the track Out in the Streets upfront from Bleep
April 4, 2011 As we’re nearing the release date, Warp has put an album sampler in their SoundCloud
Here’s a live-set recorded at one of Benji B’s monthly Deviation parties and coming. Africa Hitech were playing last November, that is Mark Pritchard spinning records and Steve Spacek on MC duties.
01. Alhaji K. Frimpong – Kyenkyen Adi Mawa
02. Fela Kuti – No Agreement
03. The Funkees – Akula Owu Onyeara
04. City Boys Band – Nya asem hwe
05. Harmonic 313 – Lion
06. Harmonic 313 – Bazooka riddim
07. Hudson Mohawke – Cypress Phil
08. Harmonic 313/Wiley – Scar
09. Danny Breaks – Jellyfizzle
10. Harmonic 313 – Dirtbox
11. Machine Drum – Carry the weight (Bok Bok remix)
12. Wiley/MJ Cole – From the drop
13. Dubbel Dutch – Anaconda (Tribal Guarachero Mix)
14. Zed Bias – Subsonicfreedom skyank
15. Africa Hitech – Blen remix
16. Africa Hitech – Boingy
17. Africa Hitech – Caveman Style
18. Coki – Treetrunk
19. Mala – Eyes VIP
20. Silkie – 80s Baby
21. Dok feat. Terror Danjah – West Coast
22. Sbtrkt – Readysetloop
23. House of Deb – Shaka the Warrior
24. The Revolutionaries – Kunte Kinte
25. Mad Professor – 6 Million Dub
26. Mala – Education
27. Africa Hitech – 93 Million Miles
28. Africa Hitech – Out in the streets
29. DJ Roc – One Blood
30. DJ Rashad – Who’s the Coldest
31. Dillinja and Berti B – Lion Heart
32. Splash – Babylon
33. Ray Keith – Dark Soldier (Back in the day mix)
34. DJ Zinc – Super sharp shooter
35. DJ Krust – True stories
36. Spacek – Eve (Dilla remix)
37. Vicky D – This beat is mine
38. Fingers Inc. – Distant Planet
39. Africa Hitech – How does it make u feel
40. Steve Spacek – Alone in the sun
41. Steve Spacek – Dollar
42. J Dilla – MJ Tribute
Benji B was so nice to share this recording with you, so why don’t you go and grab the download?
The weekly bits are a great way to sum up a week of my Twitter posts. They are also a great excuse for being lazy and not writing articles for a week.
Brainfeeder has posted some give-aways titled Lunch Special II and Lunch Special III this week, fans of Jeremiah Jae watch out! They’re also giving a first preview to the forthcoming album by Austin Peralta, which really sounds like something.
The Leaf label has put together a 7-disc Caribou bundle, featuring previous albums, exclusive tracks and two DVDs. You can order it here.
As mentioned before, the new Pixelord EP will go on sale tomorrow. Read the interview in Knowledge Magazine and enter their competition to win copies.
LA’s Stones Throw is sharing a previously unreleased Jaylib track, well it was released not long ago on Madlib’s Medine Show #11.
Celebrating their 4th anniversary, Fine Art Records are giving away the Fabrice Lig album for free.
Not many mixtapes this week. You probably heard Morgan Zarate‘s guestmix for URB already. You also should have heard the Mark Pritchard podcast for Ho Hum before, if not you can now find it on Mixcloud.
But the best mix I’ve heard in a while is Jamie xx guestmix for Benji B. In case you missed it the first time around, you can still download it.
Thanks to 8bitch for posting Liz Copeland‘s in-depth interview with Drexciya‘s James Stinson. Originally recorded in 2002, just week’s before James passed away. The only ever Drexciya interview!
And finally, here’s a nice series of photos taken by Billy Monk at Capetown night clubs between 1967 and 1969.
Everybody knows that Mark Pritchard‘s musical efforts go way back and this track is from his mid-nineties period. As Chameleon, Mark teamed up with Tom Middleton and had this track released on LTJ Bukem’s Good Looking Records in 1995.
Thought I bring back some memories. If you want more of this, check out another one from 1993. And please feel free to share your reactions!
Remix albums: a phenomena started by Sly & The Family Stone and popularized (and eventually overdone) in the nineties. Usually a collection of remixes that have been circling around on vinyl for ages, but then the only way for people who traded their turntables for a CD player to listen to them. Well, that’s how it usually goes.
But then there’s one of my favourite albums of the year, A Sufi And A Killer, and a label like Warp Records. How could the outcome be just usual? The announcement is now official, titled The “Caliph’s Tea Party”, the remix album will drop on October 4th, 2010.
Below you can listen to the Mark Pritchard remix of Ancestors, another one by Bear In Heaven can be found here.
01. Ancestors ((Dreamtime) Mark Pritchard Remix)
02. Candylane (Bibio Remix)
03. Ageing (Dam Mantle Remix)
04. The Caliph’s Tea Party (Broadcast & The Focus Group “DedNd” Remix)
05. Kobwebz (Jeremiah Jae Remix)
06. Love Of Reign (Bear In Heaven Remix)
07. She’s Gone (Oneohtrix Point Never Remix)
08. Holidays (MRR Remix)
09. Change (Shlomo Remix)
10. My Only Friend (Hezus Remix)
11. DedNd (agdm Remix)
12. SuzieQ (Dem Hunger Bowel Blood Remix)
The album will be out on LP, CD and download, you can pre-order it now at the Bleep store. Also take a look at the special packaging.
Sept 27, 2010 While this isn’t exactly related to the remix album, I thought you might be interested in remixing Gonjasufi yourself!
Oct 2, 2010 Stream the entire remix-album over at MMN